We Affirm These Additional Tenets of
1. The Bible is the verbally inspired and only infallible,
authoritative Word of God, inherent in the autographs
(2 Tim. 3:16; 2 Pet. 1:20-21).
2. God is one Being and eternally exists as three
Persons - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; of the Persons
are equal in power and glory (Matt. 28:19; 2 Cor.13:14).
3. Jesus Christ is fully God and man (John 1:1,14), born of a virgin (Matt. 1:18) and sinless in His life (Heb. 4:15); He died vicariously on the cross as a substitute for sinful men (Heb. 9:15); He rose bodily from the grave (John 20:1-9, 24-31; Acts 2:24) and now reigns with the Father (Acts 2:33; Heb. 10:12); He will return visibly and personally to the earth both in salvation and judgement (Acts 1:11; Heb. 9:28; Matt. 24:30).*
4. All humans are sinful by nature (Rom. 3:23; 5:12) and can only be forgiven by the expression of trust in Jesus as Savior (John 3:16) brought about by the regenerating work of the Holy Spirit (Tit. 3:5-7).
5. We believe in the continuing ministry of the Holy Spirit by Whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life (Rom. 8:1-17).
6. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation (Rev. 20:4-15).
7. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers on our Lord Jesus Christ (1 Cor. 12:12-27; Eph. 4:4).
8. We reject any tenets which do not conform to the Word of God.
* As defined by the Nicene and Athanasian creeds.