Click the Image Below to Download Your Free SASHA Home Schooling 101
How to Begin Home Schooling
- Discuss With Your Spouse: Educating your child at home is a huge decision and should be one that is made with your spouse. Do not begin unless you are in agreement about this decision. You will need the support of your spouse not only at the beginning, but also throughout the year.
- Research Texas HomeSchool Laws: If you have any questions about the requirements for homeschooling in Texas, please see the links on the Home School Law page.
- Research Styles of Home Education: There is not one right way to educate your child at home; however, there are many differing philosophies you may want to consider. See the Curriculum page.
- Find Support: Join SACHSA! See the News & Events page for more opportunities for support in the San Angelo area. Meeting with other home educators offers encouragement as well as knowledge and assistance with your home school questions. Also see the Enrichment Opportunities page for fellowship and support opportunities based on specific activities and interests.
- Gather Resources: Some families start with a complete curriculum package, while others start with a notebook and a library card. Choosing your resources depends on your style or method of education and your own interests. If you are financially burdened, there are free home schooling resources on the web, as well as discounted used books in abundance. See the Curriculum page.
- You Can Do This!! Parents around the world are taking back their God-given responsibility to educate their children, and you can too. Please visit the following: www.thsc.org/getting-started/7-easy-steps-to-begin!
Disclaimer: The above information is not intended as legal advice and should not be construed as such. Please verify the legal requirements for Home Schooling in Texas.
Helpful Information from HSLDA: